Today the market is flooded with so called project guidance institutes who provide ready made projects to the students of engineering. Over hyped and flashy names are the characteristics of such projects. I am writing this for the guidance of both students who are planning to buy such things or the faculty members of the collages evaluating such projects. Below I am giving some simple tests that could help you judge how well the software is developed.
- Start up the system with GSM Module disconnected from the MCUs Rx and Tx line and check if the system is able to detect this fault.
- Start up the system without inserting a SIM card, and check if the system is able to tell you the exact problem.
- Use a SIM card which has NO balance and SMS pack and check if the system is able to tell you weather message sending failed or not.
- Check if the system is able to detect presence of network before sending message. Faculty members of collage should arrange a mobile blocker, turn it on and then boot the system.
- If the system is designed to receive the message, try sending more that 32 SMS to the system to make the SIM memory full and then check what happens. A properly designed system should delete the messages after usage so as not to block the whole SIM memory.
We highly recommend EasyEDA for Circuit Design and low cost PCB Prototype.
Facing problem with your embedded, electronics or robotics project? We are here to help!
Post a help request.